NOTE: I see that Facebook has blocked some of the music for copyright issues. First, I apologize for this and please know that from now on I will only post practices with copyright free music. Second, I list the playlist below and on the blog so you can create it for yourself and move with me! Thanks for hanging with me while I build the airplane while I’m flying it. xoxo
Today we continue to explore finding the medicine for this moment by contemplating the six Quarantine Questions that I found on the Engine2 Instagram feed:
Daily Quarantine Questions:
1. What am I grateful for today?
2. Who am I checking in on or connecting with today?
3. What expectations of “normal” am I letting go of today?
4. How am I getting outside today?
5. How am I moving my body today?
6. What beauty am I either creating, cultivating or inviting in today?
Today’s class continues our practice with the physical anchors of moving our heads, hearts, hands and heels. The intent is to use these touch points in the body to ground, relax and move in different ways. As always, it’s about paying attention: the investment in yourself. You can find it on the Focus Pocus Facebook Page.
~~~ Dancing Water Daily ~ Wed Mar 25, 2020 ~ Nourishing Movement ~ Medicine for This Moment: Quarantine Questions ~~~
Eireann 5:10 Afro Celt Sound System
Pavement Cracks 5:10 Annie Lennox
Moonsmith 5:50 Cantoma
Heel Flip 4:15 Slynk & Kermode
Back To Me 3:31 Kathleen Edwards
Kintamani (Hanoman’s Forest Mix) 5:46 Transglobal Underground
Stolen Car 3:58 Sting
Flower 3:26 Moby
The Remedy (I Won’t Worry) 4:16 Jason Mraz
Horizon 4:00 Garth Stevenson
Meditation Impromptu 03 4:15 Kevin MacLeod
~~~ I do not hold copyright on this music ~~~ please support these artists ~~~
I continue to work on all aspects of offering online classes (what do you think of the “street legal” music yesterday? the camera’s better! a cordless mic might work soon! Fingers crossed!). Another option for you might be NiaTV which is an online service offering 30 days free access to Nia TV’s at-home dance workouts, podcasts, meditations, and exclusive livestream.
• To register, click here and start your free trial today.
• Please note: you will need to cancel your Nia TV account within 30 days to avoid being charged after the 30-day trial period.
UPDATED PRACTICES THIS WEEK
In order to solve the music copyright issues on YouTube, to address the issues with internet streaming and the fact that not everybody is on Facebook (and in the interest of simplicity!), at 9am every day I will post a recorded practice. This will allow people to access classes whenever they can do them, whether they are Facebookers or not and will be less stressful for your teacher to produce.
You can help to increase the interactivity and assure me that you are out there! PLEASE DO:
• leave comments on the Facebook videos and share them with friends
• subscribe to my YouTube channel (it’s FREE, of course), like, comment and share them
• subscribe, comment and share these blog posts
• email me at email@example.com with ideas and suggestions for what would be of the most help and support in these days
THIS WEEK’S OFFERINGS ~ REVISED!
Monday Mar 23 11am ~ Dancing Water Live ~ Nourishing Movement on Focus Pocus Facebook page ~ find it here
Tuesday Mar 24 9am ~ Dancing Water Online ~ Nourishing Movement on YouTube ~ find it here
Wednesday Mar 25 9am ~ Dancing Water Daily ~ Nourishing Movement on Focus Pocus Facebook page ~ find it here
Thursday Mar 26 9am ~ Dancing Water Online ~ Nourishing Movement on Susan’s YouTube channel
Friday, Mar 27 9am ~ Dharma Dance from Dancing Water on Focus Pocus Facebook page
Saturday, Mar 28 9am ~ Ajna (Self-Guided) Practice on Susan’s YouTube channel
Sunday, Mar 29 10am ~ Restorative Yoga Practice on Susan’s YouTube channel