Today we continue to explore finding our own medicine for these strange days. In my sister’s house, she and her family are doing the 5 Hs every day:
• Head. Read a book, do school work, learn something (not news related)
• Heart. Exercise! Move in some way that you love and do some of it outside
• Hands. Make something! Craft, drawing, play music, make someone a card, make a nourishing meal
• Household. Do something to contribute to the wellness of the home, clean something, put things away, fold some laundry, empty the dishwasher
• Help. Send an email, text, or call someone over 65 or someone who is vulnerable in some way
I’ve adopted this approach and it’s helping me so much. When I start feeling sludgy or down, I scan the list and see which H I haven’t done yet. It shifts things almost immediately. How are you creating a new normal in these surreal times?
Today’s class is with all new, copyright legal music (see the schedule for weekly classes below) and is available for practice here. Subscribe to my YouTube Channel, leave a friendly comment, and hit Notifications so you know when I post new classes! And here’s today’s playlist:
~~~ Dancing Water Online ~ Tue Mar 24, 2020 ~ Nourishing Movement ~ Medicine for This Moment: 5Hs ~~~
Amazement 4:01 Freedom Trail Studio, YouTube Audio Library
Ready for Freddy 4:31 TrackTribe, YouTube Audio Library
Trancer 4:15 Gunnar Olsen, YouTube Audio Library
Maroon Clock 3:32 Freedom Trail Studio, YouTube Audio Library
Crushin 4:15 Audionautix, YouTube Audio Library ~ Crushin by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/) Artist: http://audionautix.com/
Heel Flip 4:15 Slynk & Kermode YouTube Audio Library 8.4 0 3/21/2020 3:27 PM
Cephelopod – Cephelopod 4:08 Kevin MacLeod, YouTube Audio Library ~ Cephelopod – Cephelopod by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/) Source: http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/index.html?isrc=USUAN1200081 Artist: http://incompetech.com/
September Pass 4:13 Asher Fulero, YouTube Audio Library
For The Love Of 4:00 Stayloose, YouTube Audio Library
Dwarf Star 4:14 Freedom Trail Studio YouTube Audio Library 12.7 0 3/21/2020 2:44 PM
Meditation Impromptu 03 4:15 Kevin MacLeod, YouTube Audio Library ~ Meditation Impromptu 02 by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/) Source: http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/index.html?isrc=USUAN1100162 Artist: http://incompetech.com/
I continue to work on all aspects of offering online classes (new music! better camera possibilities! a cordless mic! Fingers crossed!). Another option for you might be NiaTV which is an online service offering 30 days free access to Nia TV’s at-home dance workouts, podcasts, meditations, and exclusive livestream.
• To register, click here and start your free trial today.
• Please note: you will need to cancel your Nia TV account within 30 days to avoid being charged after the 30-day trial period.
UPDATED PRACTICES THIS WEEK
In order to solve the music copyright issues on YouTube, to address the issues with internet streaming and the fact that not everybody is on Facebook (and in the interest of simplicity!), at 9am every day I will post a recorded practice. This will allow people to access classes whenever they can do them, whether they are Facebookers or not and will be less stressful to produce.
You can help to increase the interactivity and assure me that you are out there! PLEASE DO:
• leave comments on the Facebook videos and share them with friends
• subscribe to my YouTube channel (it’s FREE, of course), like, comment and share them
• subscribe, comment and share these blog posts
• email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with ideas and suggestions for what would be of the most help and support in these days
THIS WEEK’S OFFERINGS ~ REVISED!
Monday Mar 23 11am ~ Dancing Water Live ~ Nourishing Movement on Focus Pocus Facebook page ~ find it here
Tuesday Mar 24 9am ~ Dancing Water Online ~ Nourishing Movement on YouTube ~ find it here
Wednesday Mar 25 9am ~ Dancing Water Online ~ Nourishing Movement on Focus Pocus Facebook page
Thursday Mar 26 9am ~ Dancing Water Online ~ Nourishing Movement on Susan’s YouTube channel
Friday, Mar 27 9am ~ Dharma Dance from Dancing Water on Focus Pocus Facebook page
Saturday, Mar 28 9am ~ Ajna (Self-Guided) Practice on Susan’s YouTube channel
Sunday, Mar 29 10am ~ Restorative Yoga Practice on Susan’s YouTube channel