TECH NOTE: We ended up going LIVE on the Focus Pocus Facebook pages which looks like it cut out after about 40 minutes. I’m looking for a way to post the whole class on Facebook but we may have to be happy with what we got! Stay tuned for more information about when/how classes will go up. BUT tomorrow, Tuesday, March 24, I’ll post a recorded class on my YouTube Channel at 9am! You can find that here. All new music (and maybe some familiar movement! :0)
My sister, Elizabeth is amazing. In this strange new world, she’s working from home as an executive for the Environmental Defense Fund with her husband, three teen aged kids and Archie the dog. In about 15 seconds, she realized that things could spiral into badness in a hurry. So she set up some structure. Every day, everyone in her family strives to do the 5 Hs:
• Head. Read a book, do school work, learn something (not news related)
• Heart. Exercise! Move in some way that you love and do some of it outside
• Hands. Make something! Craft, drawing, play music, make someone a card, make a nourishing meal
• Household. Do something to contribute to the wellness of the home, clean something, put things away, fold some laundry, empty the dishwasher
• Help. Send an email, text, or call someone over 65 or someone who is vulnerable in some way
Isn’t that genius? When I look back over the past week, my roughest days were the ones when I didn’t do something in each of these categories and the best days were when I did. What are you discovering is the best medicine for this moment?
Inspired by the 5Hs, our physical anchor today was on the head, heart, hands and heels. Today’s class was LIVE and a one-time experience (see the schedule for weekly classes below). Subscribe to my YouTube Channel, leave a friendly comment, and hit Notifications so you know when I post new classes! And here’s today’s playlist:
~~~ Dancing Water Live Mon Mar 22 2020, 11am ~ Nourishing Movement ~ Medicine for This Moment ~ 5Hs ~~~
King of Pain 4:59 The Police
New Shoes 3:22 Paolo Nutini
Tamacun 3:26 Rodrigo Y Gabriela
Something To Believe In 4:44 Parachute
What I Know 4:14 Parachute
Uptown Funk (feat. Bruno Mars) 4:31 Mark Ronson
Raag Trance 5:32 Biddu
Golden Heart 5:01 Mark Knopfler
Another Day ( Mal ) Nu 1 5:01 Jamie Catto
Ain’t No Sunshine (Rishis Short Mix) 3:27 Al Jarreau
Subtle Body 7:02 Wayne Jones
I continue to work on all aspects of offering online classes (new music! better camera possibilities! a cordless mic! Fingers crossed!). Another option for you might be NiaTV which is an online service offering 30 days free access to Nia TV’s at-home dance workouts, podcasts, meditations, and exclusive livestream.
• To register, click here and start your free trial today.
• Please note: you will need to cancel your Nia TV account within 30 days to avoid being charged after the 30-day trial period.
PRACTICES THIS WEEK
In order to solve the music copyright issues on YouTube, I will offer the following daily classes:
• Mondays and Wednesdays at 11am, I’ll teach a FACEBOOK Live class with “regular” music from the Focus Pocus Facebook page. After these classes, the video will not be available.
• Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9am, I’ll teach a YouTube class (probably recorded) with copyright-cleared music. After these classes, the video will be available for use any time.
• Fridays at 11am, I’ll teach a Dharma Dance practice (half guided, half unguided). I’ll announce ahead of time whether it will be a “one time only” experience or one that will be available afterward.
• Saturdays at 9am will be a self-guided practice of some kind in which you create your own playlist
• Sundays at 10am will be a restorative yoga practice.
We’ll see how this goes next week and go from there. Please let me know what is most helpful and supportive!
THIS WEEK’S OFFERINGS!
Monday Mar 23 11am ~ Dancing Water FACEBOOK Live ~ Nourishing Movement (only available at this time)
Tuesday Mar 24 9am ~ Dancing Water YouTube Online on YouTube ~ Nourishing Movement (available at this time and any time afterwards)
Wednesday Mar 25 11am ~ Dancing Water FACEBOOK Live ~ Nourishing Movement (only available at this time)
Thursday Mar 26 9am ~ Dancing Water on YouTube Online ~ Nourishing Movement (available at this time and any time afterwards)
Friday, Mar 27 11am ~ Dharma Dance from Dancing Water (might be live, might be recorded)
Saturday, Mar 28 9am ~ Ajna (Self-Guided) Practice (video available at any time)
Sunday, Mar 29 10am ~ Restorative Yoga Practice (video available at any time)
Please let me know if you have any questions, how I can help more. Please be in touch: tell me what you are struggling with, what you are discovering and just how you’re doing.
Until soon, my friends!