This weekend I’m taking a little time to work on the online teaching glitches and to rest a little. I am looking for another mic option, diving into finding music that is approved for use on YouTube (anybody have any ideas for copyright free music?) and taking a break from the steep learning curve of online teaching.
Today I offer a simple restorative yoga class that you can do with props you have at home (cat optional). As opposed to other yoga practices, restorative isn’t about stretching or strength but about fully letting go and relaxing. The practice is to create comfort and support so you can unwind and release. Any body can do it and no yoga experience is necessary. You can find the video here.
After you practice, please leave a comment below or on the Focus Pocus Facebook page and let me know how you feel! It helps all of us when we share our experiences and encourage each other to take care of ourselves kindly. Please do share what you notice.
I continue to work on all aspects of offering online classes (new music! better camera possibilities! a cordless mic! Fingers crossed!). Another option for you is NiaTV which is an online service offering 30 days free access to Nia TV’s at-home dance workouts, podcasts, meditations, and exclusive livestream.
• To register, click here and start your free trial today.
• Please note: you will need to cancel your Nia TV account within 30 days to avoid being charged after the 30-day trial period.
HERE’S MY PLAN FOR NEXT WEEK
In order to solve the music copyright issues on YouTube, I am planning to offer the following daily classes:
• Mondays and Wednesdays at 11am, I’ll teach a YouTube Live class with “regular” music. Just like taking a live class with me, this is a one-time-only opportunity. After these classes are over, the video will not be available.
• Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9am, I’ll teach a YouTube class (it may be Live or recorded) with copyright-cleared, YouTube-approved music. After these classes are over, the video will be available for use any time.
• Fridays at 11am, I’ll teach a Dharma Dance practice (half guided, half unguided). I’ll announce whether it will be a “one time only” experience or one that will be available afterward.
• Saturdays at 9am will be a self-guided practice of some kind in which you create your own playlist and that video will be available afterward.
• Sundays at 10am will be a restorative yoga practice with a video that will be available afterward.
What do you think? Let’s see how this goes and adjust from there. Please let me know what is most helpful and supportive!
SOOOO, HERE ARE NEXT WEEK’S OFFERINGS!
Monday Mar 23 11am ~ Dancing Water Live ~ Nourishing Movement (only available at this time)
Tuesday Mar 24 9am ~ Dancing Water Online ~ Nourishing Movement (available at this time and any time afterwards)
Wednesday Mar 25 11am ~ Dancing Water Live ~ Nourishing Movement (only available at this time)
Thursday Mar 26 9am ~ Dancing Water Online ~ Nourishing Movement (available at this time and any time afterwards)
Friday, Mar 27 11am ~ Dharma Dance from Dancing Water (might be live, might be recorded)
Saturday, Mar 28 9am ~ Ajna (Self-Guided) Practice (video available at any time)
Sunday, Mar 29 10am ~ Restorative Yoga Practice (video available at any time)