Due to a death in the family, I was unexpectedly called away for the second time in as many weeks to go to Northern Minnesota (take a left at the big fish!). Once again, my deepest appreciation to the acac Nia Team for covering my classes until I return.
Here is what’s happening:
Buddha Cat Book Signing at C’ville Arts ~ NOTE NEW DATE ~ Saturday, December 22, 230-430pm
I’ll be signing and personalizing copies of Buddha Cat: Learning Awareness, Presence & Self-Care from a Teacher Who Sometimes Barfs on the Bed at Cville Arts on Saturday, December 22 from 230-430pm. As one of the newest members of this Cooperative gallery, I’m delighted to be part of a gallery that displays and sells craft and art from over 50 Virginia artists. Come get a hand-illustrated copy of Buddha Cat, browse the extraordinary collection at C’ville Arts and get free cat treats for any felines on your list.
Mary Linn’s Last Class ~ Saturday, December 22, 1230-145pm
Please join the whole acac Nia Team to celebrate the gift of Mary Linn’s Nia teaching and leadership as she teaches her last class from 1230-145pm on Saturday, December 22 at acac Albemarle Square, Studio A. And plan to stay for some refreshment and well-wishing!
Buddha Cat & More at the Cville Arts Cooperative
I’m delighted to announce that my work has been accepted at Cville Arts Crafts & Art Cooperative (www.cvillearts.org) on the downtown mall at 118 E. Main Street (near the fountain and next to the mosaic sofa)! This beautiful, eclectic gallery offers a variety of art and crafts made by all Virginia artists. My display is up ~~ you’ll find it in the back gallery! I am honored to be included in this talented gathering of artists! Please do some of your holiday shopping at Cville Arts!
Buddha Cat Now on Amazon
Buddha Cat is now also available on the world’s largest retailer! You can find both Kindle and paperback editions! AND if you are already a reader and fan, PLEASE would you write a review? A review is one of the most powerful things you can do to spread the word. Find the book listing here! Thank you for your energy and support!
Buddha Cat Available at Local Stores!
If you’d rather not order online and/or if you’d like to support an independent bookstore, you can find the book at some local establishments!
– Over The Moon Bookstore at 2025 Library Ave in Crozet, Virginia. It’s a beautiful store filled with great books, lovely things and chocolate and is well worth a visit. They also carry Buddha Cat postcards!
– New Dominion Bookshop on the downtown mall at 404 E Main St in Charlottesville, Virginia. New Dominion is the oldest independent bookseller in Virginia, and carries books in fiction, non-fiction, and children’s literature, and a unique selection of architecture and landscape gardening resources…as well as Buddha Cat – the book, prints and cards. Please do go in, ask for Buddha Cat by name and support local artists, local booksellers and local cats.
– Quilts Unlimited / J. Fenton Gifts on the downtown mall at 118 West Main St in Charlottesville. This is a great place to find contemporary American Handcrafts, artisan jewelry and whimsical (even Buddha-y) gifts.
– Hot Yoga Charlottesville at 216 West Water St., Charlottesville, VA. The home of hot yoga since 2004, HYC offers a variety of heated yoga classes that heal body, mind and spirit. Join us on Saturday, December 8 from 12noon-1pm for A Holiday Art & Book happening. The perfect time and place to find thoughtful, mindful gifts!
– The Elderberry at 1917 Commonwealth Drive in Charlottesville. A full service herbal shop, The Elderberry is a place to get expert advice, a full herbal apothecary and a supportive community. On Saturday, December 8 from 2-330pm, come have a cup of tea and check out the special relaxation package they are putting together to go with the book!
– PawPrints on the downtown mall at 201 East Main Street near the fountain. A locally owned shop, PawPrints offers unique items for both people and pets. You can find fun cat and dog themed toys, treats, gifts and apparel – and Buddha Cat!
– Integral Yoga Natural Foods at 923 Preston Ave, IY provides the foods, supplements, personal-care products – and Buddha books! – needed to maintain a healthy, happy lifestyle.
– Pantops Veterinarian Hospital at 315 Winding River Lane, Suite 101
Charlottesville. PVH is a full-service small animal veterinary facility, with practice for dogs, cats, rabbits and guinea pigs and where they celebrate the Buddha in all of our fur babies.
Yoga Retreat in Mexico with Lynsie McKeown ~ February 9-16, 2019
It’s time to say YES to you and your well-being; to put you first. Join Lynsie McKeown, February 9-16, 2019, for 8 days of daily practice, luxury villas, delectable meals and immersive experiences in paradise. This retreat is designed to nourish, support and celebrate YOU. Immersed in beauty and nature, you’ll experience the benefits of a complete practice; asana (vinyasa tantra), pranayama, guided meditation and Yoga Nidra (a deep state of restoration, relaxation, and awareness). Body, mind, heart and soul will be rejuvenated. You’ll leave feeling full—full of more joy, motivation and inspiration to carry you through the rest of your year. Find out more here.