So much of being a teacher, being a student, being a human being is to show up and do your work knowing that you don’t know everything and you can’t do everything and that sometimes you’ll be a spaz and sometimes you’ll be embarrassed and sometimes that is the greatest gift you can give…toward your own learning and your own teaching.
Below are all the playlists for the week (I’ll do a separate post tomorrow with the Fall Jam playlist!). Did you know that you can also find my playlists on Spotify? Sign up for free and listen to all the music for free! Follow me at “susanmcculley” and you’ll find my public playlists ~ just click and listen! No matter where you are, we can listen and dance together! Note that if you are using the Spotify app for mobile devices, the program inserts “recommended” music that is not on my original playlist. Also, Spotify doesn’t have all the music I have, so sometimes I’ll put up a different version of a song or skip it all together. Have fun with it.
A few announce-y things:
• ACAC NIA JAM: FALL 2015 – FRIDAY, SEP 18, 2015, 545-7PM ~ Join Jeanne Catherine, Mary Linn Bergstrom and me for our seasonal celebration of mindful movement. We’ll play with our version of a classic routine, Fantasia, and focus on conditioning the body with simplicity. Everybody is welcome, no experience needed, and members (including the instructors ~ so ask if you want to come) can bring a guest for free! ACAC Downtown in the Group Ex Studio.
• COME DANCE. SIT. WRITE. – SATURDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2015, 830am-5pm ~ Spend the day playing in the intersection of movement, meditation and creativity! No matter how much or little experience you have in any of the three practices, this day can create connections in your body, mind and spirit and let more of you out into the world. In the beautiful Parish Hall of Buck Mountain Episcopal Church, we will provide music, movement, stillness, inspiration and a very nice bell. Plus nourishing and delicious food by Rebecca George’s Dragonfly Kitchen. $85 for the day. Limit to 20 participants. Check out testimonials from participants and more details here or the basics here https://focuspocusnow.com/dance-sit-write-october-10-2015-details/ or email Susan at email@example.com.
• TEDx CHARLOTTESVILLE ON FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2015 ~ In its third year in The Ville, TED is an incredible event of ideas and inspiration. I’m delighted again this year to be coaching two of the TEDx speakers and – dang – check out the line-up, y’all. It’s going to be an amazing day. You can find out more here.
• BREAKING YOUR SUGAR ADDICTION eCOURSE ~ My friends, Wendy and Megan have put together a delicious e-course about creating balance around eating sugar. They are both dietary professionals and offer all kinds of resources that have helped me look more carefully and kindly about when I reach for the chocolate. You can get more information here.
• MY OTHER BLOG: A THOUSAND BEAUTIFUL THINGS ~ Words and paragraphs and essays and drawings and photographs (phone camera only!) about gratitude, beauty, mindfulness and art. Please join me there!
As always, please let me know if you have questions or how I can help more.
Dance on. Shine on.
*** PLAYLIST NOTE: My playlists can also be found on Spotify by following “susanmcculley” (no space) and look for Public Playlists. Sometimes music is not available on Spotify so I may replace with another version or skip songs – this was particularly true this week so enjoy both the versions I used in class below and the Spotify versions! ***
Monday, Sep 14, 2015, 1045am ~ Teachers & Students
Human 3:04 Dionne Farris
Clouds 6:33 Feuerhake
Africa Bamba 4:45 Santana
Smooth 5:00 Santana
Belly Belly Nice 3:53 Dave Matthews Band
Black Or White 3:19 Michael Jackson
Shadowman 6:36 Afro Celt Sound System
African Drug [Original Tribal Mix] 6:02 Bob Holroyd
Boogie Shoes (KC And The Sun.. 2:18 Bee Gees
You Learn 4:00 Alanis Morissette
When It Falls 5:31 Zero 7
Miniature 9 6:11 Matthew Robert Cooper
Tuesday, Sep 15, 2015, 840am ~ Teachers & Students
Snakeroot 7:58 Lis Addison
Always Waiting (fest. Irina Milkhailova) 7:08 Kaya Project
Quero Saber (fest. Orieta Pines) 6:29 Rodney Hunter
Walk Into The Sun 5:21 Dirty Vegas
Moon & Sun 6:02 Dalminjo Fjörd Fusioneer
Deeper (Into Places) (Silk Spinner Mix) 6:23 Afterlife
One Way Road 3:06 The John Butler Trio
City Knows Your Name 4:59 Chris Coco
Lux Aurumque 4:16 Eric Whitacre
Wednesday, Sep 16, 2015, 11am ~ Teachers & Students
We Are All Connected 7:07 Magic Sound Fabric
Calling 5:52 Bliss
Lovers House 4:49 City Reverb
One World, One People 4:43 Xcultures
City of Light (Reverso 68 Remix) 5:53 City Reverb
Shakin’ It Up 6:15 Ganga Girl
I Know I’m Not Alone 4:04 Michael Franti & Spearhead
Why Must I Feel Like This Today? [Feat. Baaba Maal, Michael Franti, Ulali, Radio Active & Krishna Das] 9:28 1 Giant Leap
Shine 4:12 Joshua
Long Ride Home 3:52 Michael Franti & Spearhead
Lux Aurumque 4:16 Eric Whitacre
Thursday, Sep 17, 2015, 840am ~ Teachers & Students
Wish U Were Here 6:12 Bliss
Human Love 5:20 Dirty Vegas
Smokey Quartz 6:59 Shakatura
Sometimes 5:14 Kaskade
Born 2B Wild 7:59 Puff Dragon
Raag Trance 5:32 Biddu
The Way I Am 2:13 Ingrid Michaelson
Coming Down 7:47 Rasiya
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT NIA?
For more information about Nia and this rich system of training and learning? Everything Nia is at http://www.nianow.com…
If you’re traveling or moving, you can find a teacher or classes wherever you’re going.
Interested in teaching or deepening your practice? Check out the Nia White Belt Training. They are offered all around the world so you can find one near you or where you may want to go!